Monday, September 3, 2007

Day 246 - The LAST Day of Summer

164.0 on the scale. 14 miles biking on the paths, and 150/100.

Today was supposed to be the laid back day of the long weekend. No real plans. Get stuff done around the house, relax, get the kids ready for their first day of school.

I think we managed to do all of that, which makes it a good day.

First thing after waking, I up and shaved my beard back to a goatee which was very satisfying. Yeah, much more better. I'd pretty much decided on Friday to ditch it at some point this weekend. (How 'bout that boat hair, eh?)

We got out on the boat for what could be the final dose of sun and tubing for the season, and spent about 2.5 hours out there, just long enough to almost get a sunburn, which I did (no sunscreen).

After we got back and I got the boat covered and put back in its place, I made some penne for dinner and then hit the trail on the bike.

With the little bit of sunlight that was left, Jo and I spray painted circles around the sprinkler heads in preparation for the aeration that they'll be doing this week sometime.

Boy, we need to get a lot of those sprinkler heads replaced. We haven't used the sprinkler at all this summer because we didn't want it hitting the house and the new siding and staining it with our lovely rusty water, but there are a number of broken heads from when they put the driveway in, and some of them are like 20 years old. May be a project for next year.

Anyway, Jo spent time getting the boy's bags all lined up for school in the morning while I was out biking, so they're all nervously and excitedly ready to go!

Wish them luck!

Because I said I would, here's a pic of me with a beard. You see why I shaved it back to the goatee?

No comments: