Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Day 247 - Sick Day & First Day Of School

163.5 on the scale, no exercise.

I didn't sleep a wink last night. I tossed and turned up until about 5:00 am when the headache that overtook me at 4:00 became a nuisance I couldn't ignore any longer, and took some ibuprofen. I piddled around the internets for an hour or so while I waited for the pills to kick in, and though they never really did, I hit the hay again around 6:00 am.

I tossed and turned another couple hours until I decided I was gonna be a wreck if I went into work like that, and threw up the "sick day" flag while Jo walked the boys to the bus stop for their first day of school. Bus pass in hand, they boarded.

They had a lot of firsts today. First day of school. First day in a new school. First time on a school bus. First school lunch -- a choice of pepperoni pizza or cheese pizza which worked great for Cole. They seemed to have a great day, which was awesome.

My day was spent dozing in and out of consciousness up until about 3:15, when I got up, showered, and walked to the bus stop to greet the boys after their day of firsts.

After we heard some about their day, I got in the car and headed to my doctor's appointment early. Stopped at Borders on the way there to check out a book and have a cuppa decaf (so as not to fuck up tonight's sleep).

Anyway, I thought about hitting the bike again tonight, but considering that might have been part of what kept me up all night last night, I didn't wanna risk it. I'll start endeavoring to exercise only in the mornings on weekdays.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should really watch your language in this since your mama is your biggest fan. Nice to finally see an entry!

bhummel said...

Reminds me of the words of my great great(?) grandmother: "Goddamn it Frank, stop swearing in front of the kids!"

Anonymous said...

You naughty boy! I too am glad to see that you're back on the band wagon. My day just isn't right until I see what you've been up to. Just for the record, Grandma R reads this too. She'll get the soap!