Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Day 276 - Stealing The Show

159.5 on the scale, 14.0 miles biking on the path, and 150/100.

The MIMA Summit today was really great! It was completely sold out with something like 700+ attendees, and what was kinda cool is I think I knew about 20 - 25% of them.

The presentation went pretty well I think. Jo dropped Cole off around 2:45 or so, and Brad met us there and we setup things starting around 3:00, ultimately presenting at 3:15.

Cole was there to play the game we used to make a lot of the points we were making, and he did GREAT under the spotlight. In fact, more people came up to tell Cole he did a great job than people who came up to me.

Anyway, we presented, and amazingly got through the whole thing in a half hour, unfortunately no time for questions though.

Afterwards, Cole stuck around with me and sat through an hour-long presentation by Google about the top 10 trends in interactive marketing this year, and then attended the happy hour with me. Again, more people came up to him than me to tell him how good a job he did. He was the only kid there!

I can't remember who, but someone I knew came up and said, "Nice touch having your kid there to present with you. It was kinda like you bringing your cute puppy to the park to meet women. It made you instantly likable."

BING! Cole's coming to ever presentation from here on out.
Anyway, they'll be posting a podcast of the presentation, and when they do, I'll post a link to it so you too can hear my voice crack like a teenage boy going through puberty.

No comments: