Sunday, December 30, 2007

Day 364 - The Anatomy of a Pretty Good Day

Dunno what I weigh, but 3.0 miles on the treadmill, about 2.5 of them ran, and 150/100.

Last night we did our gift opening after Mom's Swedish meatball dinner. I got some great campfire stuff (fire poker, wiener and marshmallow sticks, and a portable beverage stand), and some practical stuff and the usual pack of socks and giant candy bar among other things. Also got an yard game that looks pretty fun.

Afterwards we played the pirate game we got Dad, "Dread Pirate", which was a rather long (but fun) game.

This morning, I slept in. Mostly because I was tossing and turning with this cold (that is getting worse) and stuff on my mind, so I got up around 1:30 and was up for like 4 hours into the wee hours.

Anyway, after a visit from my cousin Monica's family who was in town, I jumped on the treadmill to get the blood moving again. After I showered up, Dad, Brandon, the boys and I went to see National Treasure: Book of Secrets. It was an enjoyable flick if you ask me, Indiana-Jones-Style. I didn't realize it was a sequel, so I think I'll actually go back and watch the other.

After we got back to the house, I jumped back in the van and headed to get a haircut -- I was getting poofy.

Then, after Mom's monstrous spaghetti dinner, I met Bob, a high school friend, to catch up over a few beers at Applebee's. That was an enjoyable conversation. We finally had to take the hint of them turning on all the lights, then turning them off slowly that we better wrap it up and head home.

By the end, my voice was a cross between Barry White and a wheezing mouse, so all for the best that it got cut off.

Anyway, a nice, full day.

No comments: