Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Day 375 - *yawn*

161.4 on the scale, 3.0 miles, about 2.5 of them ran, and 150/100.

On a personal level, last night was rough. As was today. That's all I have to say about that.

On a business level, the mini-summit went well I think. Although you'll have to ask my employees what they really think to know for sure. Now that it is over, I can say that the bulk of it was about a slight restructuring of a couple of roles and how the company operates, and then also about defining a number of things that needed defining, including roles, responsibilities, and how we form and run project teams.

Here's our new prettified org chart, indicating some hires on the horizon (the grey positions). Unless something crazy happens this year (either good or bad), we'll be 20 people by the end of '08. Had you told me 10 years ago that we'd be 20 people, let alone even still exist, I would probably have laughed.

I'm biased, but I think the ideas will help a lot in how '08 goes, and allow us to grow a bit more effectively as we continue to get great opportunities and people in the door.

The challenge now is how to fit us all into the space we have. *scratches head*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it went well. I think we're in a good spot. Pretty nice. I personally was left with just one question, not pressing, that we can discuss in my review or whatever.

But most of my questions were answered by turning the page.

I am not sharing my desk with anyone. That is my only request for space constraints.

Good job!!!

Shad said...

HA! You have plenty of space. You could fit like three people in your office, four if you took out the door.

Nice chart, I like that you made yourself the ovary.

bhummel said...

Haha, ovary!

Yikes.

But notice though, OUTSIDE the project work circle. Howzabout that??