Sunday, January 6, 2008

Day 371 - The Middle-Aged and the Restless

162.0 on the scale, 3.0 miles on the treadmill, about 2.5 of them ran, and 150/100.

At my wife's prompting, I switched from doing crunches (which apparently are bad for you) and instead am doing 50 leg lifts, and then a series of sets of these "bicycle exercises" to equal 100 for the total of 150 tummy junks.

Certainly burns differently, I'll say that much.

So, this crazy new scale measures body fat percentage, bone density, muscle mass and water percentage in addition to just simply weighing you to the nearest .2 of a pound. I'm at 21.6% body fat (normal range for 30-39 is 11-21% so says the booklet), and water percentage of 58.6% (booklet says it should be around 60%). So I guess I'm doing alright, although percentage of body fat could be lower, and water percentage higher. I won't bore you with those details daily.

I swear, today I've been restless as hell, and yet unmotivated to do anything productive. When I'd had enough of pacing around aimlessly, I finally just got on the treadmill.

Not sure it has helped yet.

We finished the puzzle today, finally.



The sky was excruciatingly difficult, but I finally conquered it.

I think I'll make some turkey and gravy over mashed potatoes for dinner, and then who knows tonight. If I'm still restless, maybe I'll get out of the house, although no idea where I'll go.

No comments: