Saturday, January 5, 2008

Day 370 - A Bountiful Evening

162.0 on the scale, 3.0 miles on the treadmill, most of them ran, and 150/100.

Today was majorly low key. Like, I slept in, I worked on the puzzle, I napped, I read, I napped, and then when I got up again, I got on the treadmill.

By the time I got out of the shower afterwards, it was 5:00 already.

Jo went out with the neighbor for dinner and a movie, so I decided the boys and I would go out, but it wasn't sure where until I got out of the shower.

We hopped in the car and started heading to the place, which I wouldn't disclose to the boys, so on the way there they had a guessing game, asking yes or no questions and guessing the spot.

They never did come up with it, until I pulled into the parking lot of Dave & Buster's up in Maple Grove.

We ate, and then got some gaming cards and had some fun.

The boys frequented this coin game that gave a surprising amount of tickets out, and I spent most of my time on the timing games where you gotta stop the light as it goes around in a circle in just the right spot to hit the bonus. I hit the bonus twice on a vertical version that gave me 350+ tickets each time. Wooo!

I ended up with 1870 points to spend, Cory had something like 2,100 and Cole had something like 1,450. They took forever deciding what to spend their points on, whereas I picked up a Spongebob doll, a Patrick doll, a Superman Doll, and three chinese fingercuffs as my bounty after browsing for about 10 minutes.

Anyway, that was my first time there, although the boys had been there with Grandpa and Grandma once before, and I gotta say, it was pretty nice. A lot like GameWorks, but somehow better.

I even ended up with a free beer because the server thinks he charged my tab to someone else and couldn't find it! So he handed me my card and said, "Have a great night!"

We got home just before 10:00, so the boys went straight to bed. After some toodlin' around the internets, I downed some Nyquil and did the same.

No comments: