Monday, May 26, 2008

Go Somewhere Else!

157.6 on the scale, 5.0 miles on the path, 4.25 of them ran, and 150/100.

This morning saw some more sleeping in, then Jo and I left the kids at home and headed to Ridgedale again for my appointment, and she was gonna do some comforter shopping.

While we were sitting there waiting, we had the pleasure of witnessing a real bitch of a customer giving the optometrist assistants (or whatever they're called) a hard time. Some people. She'd apparently been a customer for some time, and been a cranky bitch the whole time, and she wasn't shy about expressing her dissatisfaction with the place in front of everybody.

Ya know what?

If you don't like the place, fucking go somewhere else.

I think some people just like to feel mistreated (whether they are or not) and then bitch about it. Otherwise their life has no meaning.

Anyway, my perscription changed a bit, but other than that, I got the all clear health-wise and left the place a dilated-pupiled freak in those cheap excuses of sunglasses they give you.

We did a quick walk-around to see what Jo saw in terms of comforters she liked, which wasn't much, then we left.

I was hell-bent on getting the boat out despite the fact that it was cooler than I wanted it to be, so when we got back we had Cory's friend Holden come over, we made some sandwiches, and me and the crew of boys went out to cruise around the lake.

Unfortunately, the very first thing that happened was the motor died while trying to back away from the dock, and we drifted right into the ramp, where my brand new rebuilt prop got nicked up. Murphy's law.

But after that, we got the cobwebs out and opened it up on the lake such that the wind shook our jowels.

Good clean fun.

We stayed out as long as we could handle the coldness, but when their fingers started numbing, we headed back in.

After that, it was pretty low key. I went running, then when I got back, we grilled some hotdogs for the boys and I went out to do the finishing touches in the Pete cleaning. Got it all vacuumed out, and even went so far as to clean some areas of the carpets with Jo's Little Green Machine. The floor mats are absolutely shot, so I ordered some new ones online.

After showering, I loaded Holden up and drove him home, then took the car through the car wash as the finishing touch. YAY!

After that, the rest of the night was pretty low key, seeing me doing the usual Sunday night (but Monday this time) work and such.

So, while the weekend was maybe more productive than relaxing, it was just what the doctor ordered.

No comments: