Sunday, May 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!!

157.2 on the scale, 14 miles biking on the path, and 150/100.

First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! I'd sing in the post, but that would suck for everyone but you.

The day started with a little bit of sleeping in, but then upon news of the impending storms, I set to getting as many of the outdoor chores as I could out of the way before the heavens opened up.

I went out and mowed the football field in some horrendously humid weather, and then got some biking in too before we cleared the yard of the tents and junk from the past couple days. We even went so far as to clean out the garage to put the cars in there, because we heard there was gonna be some NASTY hail coming.

Well, ultimately, we got no storms in our neck of the woods, but I'm sure y'all heard of the nastiness that happened up north, which really sucked. While I was looking forward to a good thunderstorm, I guess I should count me and mine lucky that we didn't get the kinda wrath that happened up there.

Anyway, after we hunkered down, we all packed in the car and I got dropped off at Ridgedale to do some glasses shopping, and Jo and the boys went to the library. They came and met me after they were done, and by then I was in the courtyard sitting and enjoying some people-watching and a cuppa joe. We also made an optometrist appointment for me tomorrow.

One of my goals this weekend was to tear apart the inside of Pete (the PT Cruiser) and detail the shit out of him. So, when we got back, I started that and got pretty far before Lisa and David, who had just returned from their honeymoon on the Mayan Riviera, stopped by to pick up some packages that had been delivered while they were away. We had a couple beers and they told us all about the trips and such, and then I went back out to catch the remaining rays of light to finish wiping everything down.

I didn't get to vacuum, but I'll do that tomorrow. Otherwise, he's fresh as a daisy.

I'll finish the job tomorrow and hit a car wash with him too.

No comments: