Sunday, July 27, 2008

Rollin' Down the Highway

156.8 on the scale, 11.0 miles biking on the path, and 150/100.

My day today was spent road-trippin' to Fargo, to retrieve the chilluns from my parents. I got to Fargo a little early and stopped at Best Buy to get another car charger for my phone, which I forgot to bring, and then met Dad and the boys at Granite City for lunch.

Had me a scrumptious Chilled Shrimp & Cucumber Salsa Salad, as well as a few bites of the kids pastaliciousness. The boys and I had a good trip back, filled mostly with them playing Nintendo DS and me singing out of tune to my iPod.

We did hit a really horrible traffic jam around Monticello, where we were literally stopped on the interstate for a long time. Then we'd be going 60. Then we'd be stopped dead again. It was frustrating, to say the least.

When I got home, I grilled up some pork brisket that we'd bought at Costco yesterday, and then quickly got on the bike to take advantage of the remaining daylight. While riding, I noticed my tires were really kinda low, scarily so. Although, I also noticed that there's a new sort of air valve on my tires, for which I have no pump.

I stopped at Ric & Mary Jo's on the way back to tap Ric's expertise and see what's what. He was kind enough to let me have an adapter thing-a-ma-jig to adapt the new kinda valve to my old kinda valve's pump.

THANKS RIC!

No comments: