Monday, July 28, 2008

"Yikes!" and "What is it about me?"

Well, I gotta say, my time sitting in this McDonald's in the hospital has been quite interesting.

After being here a half hour, an old guy with two seriously loud and RUDE kids chose a booth right across from mine. I mean like HOLY CRAP rude. This guy is barely giving a shit that they're gut-belching up a freakin' storm, honking their noses into a napkin, and generally acting like boisterous pre-teen morons. Although, I guess I'm not sure they're his kids, but still...

My kids would have been in total shit by now, probably pulled out of the restaurant by their earlobes. Whether they were my kids or not.

And then, fercripessake, what is it about me that attracts people like my pal Stan to just pull up a freakin' chair and offer up their take on current events and computers?

Enter this guy.



Out of the blue, he literally turns a chair from the next table at me, sits down and asks, "Is that a Dell?". Ok. There's a huge freakin' glowing apple on the cover. Yes. It is totally a Dell.

He then proceeded to tell me all about "Billy", this hacker that started Microsoft with 1's and 0's and spare shit that he found on the side of the road.

He THEN jumped to Brett Favre, and went on for a long time how if he were an NFL commissioner, he wouldn't let him come back, unless he would just be a coach. He determined that he's too old to play after doing some not-so-quick, out-loud math about how many years of life he likely had left.

Short of being a dick, how do I get rid of people like him? I need to know.

I need that trick in my arsenal of people management skills.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is one sexy man-beast...