Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Hokey Pokey on Skates

Dunno what I weigh, but probably around 160, and my exercise today was 3 hours of roller skating at The Roller Garden with the boys.

So this morning after making waffles, the boys and I worked a bit on making the basement a kid hangout. The basement is one big unfinished square, with painted cement floors, and exposed floor joists that are pretty low. Like, I have to duck a little to not clip my head in certain places.

Well, Jo was disposing of the old blue furniture which I took to put down there, and we bought a bunch of cheap $2 white sheets from Ikea to hang to make "walls" and to staple across the floor joists to make a ceiling. I've got a big spruce green shag area rug from the old office that has been in storage for awhile that we'll put down there, and with a few more touches, they can have a place to horse around without me saying "stop throwing pillows in the house!" or "Goddamn it, pick up the living room again!" when they're over here. Maybe they can even bring some Legos or something over here to mess it up with.

Anyway, AFTER that, we quick ate some lunch and then hustled our way over to The Roller Garden for their family open skate today. Cory asked his friend Holden to come with us, and we met him there.

On a side note, he'd called earlier to ask me a Very Important Question. He let me know about the concussion he got last week, and that his dad was making him wear a helmet if he was going to go. Holden asked if Cory and Cole could wear helmets too so he didn't feel so stupid. SOO, our entourage (except me) was the only group o' peeps with bike helmets on, but oh well. Nobody took much notice.

We skated for hours, got all sweaty, played a few games, I beat Cole at air hockey, and they had a good 'ol time foolin' around on the floor. See the video below, which I think was the funniest of the bunch that I took today.



That's all for today! Seeya tomorrow hopefully.

No comments: