Sunday, October 18, 2009

Today's Victims

So, though I can't attribute it caffeine, here's what fell victim to today's flurry of activities:

The "junk" t-shirt drawer
As I did to the sock community yesterday, I did unto the junk t-shirt drawer today. I just simply don't paint enough to need that many junk shirts. Out with ye!

(All the other clothes now fear me, as well they should.)

Three large Fireside apples
I had to accelerate the consumption of the orchard apples that the boys and I picked a couple weeks ago (lest they go bad) and decided to make a batch of deeeeelicious apple muffins and another tray of apple crisp, which was even better than the first.

My waistline
I ate two of the muffins, a piece of apple crisp, and a threw in a few bites of a scrumptious piece of pecan pie that had been graciously given to me.

Granted, I did get a workout in so I don't feel so bad about the goodies, but still. I'm sure eating with wild abandon like I have been lately will eventually catch up with me.

This was a productive weekend as it turns out. In addition to everything I've already mentioned this weekend, I installed the new parts in the grill I inherited off the streets and fired it up successfully, did laundry, got an oil change, ran some errands, mega-dosed the hell out of my developing sore throat, finished season 2 of LOST, and squeezed in a little fun too.

Life is good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Life is good when you dance all night and the world transmits electric powers....