Saturday, January 20, 2007

Day 20 - Lesson Learned: Track in Real Time

177.5 on the scale. 30 minutes on the treadmill, 2.2 miles, 4.5, 0/0.

Although I got back on the treadmill today, I did not succeed in getting on it last night despite the best of intentions. Instead, I went out and grabbed a few beers with a friend.

Despite making well-behaved choices about WHAT I was eating (aside from the few beers), I really blew my daily points allowance yesterday. My problem was I wasn't tracking it faithfully REAL-TIME to know what my balances were prior to putting more things in my mouth. Between this weightloss adventure and last time, I've come to know generally how many points things I regularily eat cost, but when I do new things or go out, I'm in unknown territory.

Lunch was my first problem. I had an employee review (for which we always go out for lunch) and we went to Rosen's where I ordered soup and a salad. The soup was tomato/red pepper (not creamy) so that was low points and the salad itself was low points, but since they didn't have any fat free dressings, I ordered balsamic vinegar (which is free). Instead, I got balsamic vinaigrette. Rather than make un unnecessary scene on behalf of my love handles, I enjoyed the vinaigrette (and consequently, the olive oil in it) for an extra 3 points.

Then on to supper. I made a pizza at home using a Boboli whole-wheat thin crust (their lowest point one), reduced fat mozzarella, feta, sauce, green olive, and sundried tomato, then ate before I really calculated how many points each piece was. I should have stopped at 3 pieces which would have been perfectly satisfying. Instead, I ate a fourth, which cost me an extra 4.5 points.

SO, those two little choices collectively threw me 7 points over where I normally should have been.

THEN came the going out part where I spent another 12 points on lite beer and chips and salsa.

Naughty, naughty Bret.

So, I dipped somewhat significantly into the extra weekly points allowance, however, I'm still under the total allowance for the week and plan to exhibit model weight-loss behavior today to attone for yesterday's sins and stay on track for weigh-in day tomorrow.

No comments: