Thursday, January 25, 2007

Day 25 - Greg's Goodbye & Gumbo

176.0 on the scale. No treadmill this morning. I'll have to make it up tonight.

Last night was Greg's going-away happy hour. Had a few beers with the whole crew, and Ben came out and joined us in his Target monkey suit. It was good to see him.

The group started dispursing around 6:45 or so, and then pretty much disbanded at 7:35 or so. However, feeling it was a crime to waste a night out by turning in at 7:30, I dove into J.D. Hoyt's to lay low at the bar. Donn joined me for awhile, during which a chatty criminal defense lawyer befriended us and told us about his career adventures as a chef and a defense attorney. Donn managed to convince him that he was a toys and electronics buyer for Target -- why I don't know -- but it further enlivened the conversation.

When Donn left, and after the lawyer left shortly after, I ordered a bowl of gumbo (since I hadn't really eaten) and chatted with the bartender and some of the servers after their shifts ended. Headed home around 11:00 or so.

Anyway, I didn't feel much like getting up and getting on a treadmill this morning. I have no idea how many points I consumed, but I'm sure I broke the balance with the beer and gumbo.

Today is Greg's last day.

No comments: