Thursday, January 18, 2007

Jury Duty - FINIS

I checked in on the call-in line tonight and was notified that my jury service is officially complete.

So, all in all I have to say it has been a disappointing experience. I feel as though I've contributed nothing, and got very little out of making myself available to the court.

I suppose I should be thankful that I was put on call and could function relatively normally in between the twice-daily call-ins. It really would have sucked if I'd had to sit in that reception room for two weeks straight doing nothing.

Outside of the limbo of call-in status, this cost me one full day in the "holding tank", and a half day split between waiting and getting just a wee taste of what jury duty could have been. I bet I'll get a check for like $40.

That's a lot of cheeseburgers. If I could eat them.

No comments: