Saturday, May 26, 2007

Day 146 - Bachelor Saturday

155.5 on the scale. 60 minutes on the walking path, 4.8 miles, 4.8, 100/70.

I'm sitting at Ruby Tuesdays having the salad bar and a beer for lunch after having been turned away from the Memorial Blood center as unfit to donate. :)

I got suckered by a telemarketer to make an appointment, but they deferred me when I told them I'd been in Mexico, south of Cancun within the last year. Apparently I visited a malaria risk center.

Oh well, no bloodloss for me!

Also, sitting by myself in Ruby Tuesdays I had an interesting convo with the waiter. He's 19, was a little bit hung over, and is dating a girl who just recently got out of a four year relationship so they're taking it slow, and he threw an awesome party last night at which he charged $5 to get in, and had some 60 people packed into a one bedroom apartment, and netted out like $100 in profit. His friend got a black eye because there was a punk there that wouldn't leave the girls alone and got ejected by all the guys, at which point he threw a punch that clipped his friend's eye. The punk stole a 1.75 bottle of something as well as a case of pop on his way out the door. His new taking-it-slow girlfriend is being nice enough to clean the whole apartment for him while he works.

You can learn a great deal about people just by saying hello and meaning it. :)

No comments: