Saturday, July 7, 2007

Day 188 - Shave And A Haircut, Two Bits

158.5 on the scale. 100 minutes on the walking path, 8.0 miles, 4.7, 150/100.

Today, after I woke up from my tenting slumber, I walked all the way into Excelsior, then did a little toolin' around before I got cleaned up and headed in to see Triba, my local neighborhood barber with the boys. For those of you that don't know Triba, he's an aging Vietnamese friendly fella that escaped the Viet Cong and bought this little neighborhood barbershop. I've probably done impressions of him for you if I know you at all.

Well, today he wasn't there. His son was instead. Let's just say it was quite the different experience without Triba there at all. The boys really need a haircut, and Triba's son was getting noticably upset with them because they wouldn't put their heads exactly where he wanted them. (Although, what do you expect when you put your bootlegged copy of Eragon on the TV for their eyes to be glued to.)

Also, while I was waiting, another guy came in and saw there was a line, so he started flipping through the magazines. Triba's son noticed and said "The good stuff's behind you there, on the top shelf." I was like "uh, oh." The guy turned around, interested, and after an interesting exchange where he couldn't find exactly what Triba's son was referring to, he found said good stuff, which was a Playboy and a Penthouse. The guy said, "Naw, this Newsweek is good enough for me, thanks."

So yeah, if Triba's not there, I dunno that I want a haircut there. Sorry, I likes my Triba and his "Hello Friend! Have a seat, you're next!!"

For those of you that care, below are the results. Yup, you bet, that's a summer cut.


Before


After

Anyway, the rest of the day was spent putting a coat of paint on the garage door, an hour and a half at the beach with the boys, then home to cook up a deeeelicious vegetable stir fry for dinner. A good Saturday, all 'round.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How am I to be aware of what's happening in your life when so little is posted? Let's get back on the bandwagon!

bhummel said...

Day fleshed out, Mom! Check again!!

Anonymous said...

Cory & Cole's haircuts weren't much better. Cole actually cried! Hard to believe you would actually put before and after pics of yourself when the cuts are that bad. I'm not being mean, just brutally honest.

bhummel said...

You wait, in a matter of days I'll be brutally handsome.