Thursday, August 23, 2007

Day 235 - That's Not Edible!

Dunno what I weigh. 14 miles biking on the highway, 150/100.

Today, a goat tried to eat my keys.

It was a mildly damp day again, so we decided to pack up and head up to Bemidji to see Paul Bunyan's Animal Land, a little deer-and-other-animal petting-and-feeding attraction.

Here's the little bugger that literally grabbed the dangling keys from my pocket and put them in his mouth. All the way.



We had a fun time seeing all the animals and feeding the racoons and baboons and especially the fawns. I made a little fawn friend that just wanted to hang with me for awhile and be petted. Didn't care that I didn't have food. I didn't wanna ruin the moment by whipping out the camera, so I don't have a picture of that, but here are some more of us feeding them.



Anyway, after that, we started driving home, and at the southern gate of Itasca Park I got out, unpacked the bike, and did a good 14-mile trek back to the cabin.

Tomorrow, we'll play it by ear. Hopefully it'll be nice.

No comments: