Friday, January 25, 2008

Day 391 - Troublesolving, Problemshooting

160.0 on the scale (yeah, whoops), and no exercise.

So, this morning I spent trapsing around town looking for just the right pre-fab hardware to connect Effektiv to Stolmen, to no avail. SO, I finally just said, "Fuck it! I'm making my own!"

I got some angled aluminum bracing, a metal blade for a circular saw, and a wild hair up my ass and then went to town after taking care of some work-type paperwork. I cut them down to a foot in length, predrilled the holes I needed to fasten the Stolmen connector to it, and then it to the cabinetry.

Then, after finding out the kids were spontaneously going to be at Grandma & Grandpa's overnight and Jo would be out with her mom's group friends, I decided to stick around and put my brackets (and the whole hairbrained idea) to the test.

Well, turns out it worked, and worked pretty well at that! Below, you can see the progress, I'm quite proud, thankyouverymuch. Ben, you watching this??!

No comments: