Saturday, January 26, 2008

Day 392 - Two Steps Forward

159.8 on the scale, 3.0 miles on the treadmill, all of them ran, and 150/100.

After sleeping in, Jo and I got cleaned up and went to Ikea to get another shitload of stuff.

She did a little browsing around while I went straight to the self-service area and loaded everything I needed to build the three additional suspended dividers I know I'll need as part of the office reorg. (Yeah, I think $1,850 qualifies as a shitload.) After purchasing and packing it all into the van, I found her in the store and browsed a little as she finished, then we headed over to Cucumbers for a monstrous salad before I dropped her at home again.

I headed down to the office and unloaded everything and got back to finishing up the first divider set, getting them all secured, doors on, and the two workspaces cleaned up. I neglected to take a picture, but since I'm going there again tomorrow (probably with the boys), I'll snap some shots.

Kinda satisfying seeing it all come together, just can't wait until the whole office is finished.

Anyway, I got home around 6:15 or so to Jo's parents, who'd been shopping with Cole for a desk and were there to assemble it. Unfortunately, the top had a huge crack in it so Bruce has to return the part and get a replacement before he can build.

I got to making a naughty and indulgent supper of bacon cheeseburgers and Ore-Ida fries. I'd worked hard, and frankly I didn't give a shit what I ate.

However, I did immediately afterwards get on the treadmill and try to sweat some of it back out.

I know. Ew.

No comments: